Regional Seniors Travel Card for 2021
The regional seniors travel card provides eligible seniors living in regional, rural and remote areas of NSW with a $250 prepaid card to help ease the cost of travel. You can use the card at certain retailers to pay for pre-booked NSW Trainlink Regional trains and coaches, fuel and taxis.
You'll need to activate your card before you can use it.
The travel card is valid for 14 months from the date the card is issued. The expiry date is available on the front of the card.
The regional seniors travel card program is available for a 2-year trial period (2020-2021). Eligible seniors can apply for a card in 2020 and for another card in 2021.
Applications for 2020 (Year 1) closed on 30 November 2020.
Applications for 2021 (Year 2) will open on 18 January 2021 and close on 30 November 2021.
To be eligible for the trial, you must:
- have reached the Age Pension age
- live in a designated regional area of NSW outside of Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong
- be receiving support from either Services Australia or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs as follows:
You must be:
- receiving the Age Pension; or
- a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holder.
Department of Veterans’ Affairs
You must be receiving one of the following:
- Age Pension
- Service Pension
- Disability Pension under the Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986
- War Widow(er) Pension
Or hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
- You must also have received your pension or have held your card for at least one month.