Dementia Action Week
21-27 September 2020
A little support makes a lot of difference
This week is Dementia Action Week across Australia. The theme this year is focusing on ‘’A little support makes a lot of difference’’.
To help you understand more about Dementia, Inverell Home Support Program has put together these facts from Dementia Australia.
- Dementia doesn’t discriminate. Anyone can develop dementia.
- Dementia is the leading cause of death for women in Australia and the second leading cause of death of Australians
- Every 3 seconds, someone in the world develops dementia.
- This year, there is an estimated 459,000 Australians living with dementia.
- There are 27,800 Australians are under 65 living with younger onset dementia.
On a positive note, people diagnosed with Dementia can continue to live active and rich lives for many years in the community, with a little bit of support.
Let’s make a change to the way we respond and behave towards people in our lives and in our community who are living with dementia. To understand more, visit the Dementia Australia website or contact Inverell Home Support Program on 67 22 5888 to learn about Dementia services on offer.